For years, Landair has been dedicated to providing company drivers and owner/operators an experience that is “just right.” We hire for the long haul and will do what it takes to keep you driving for Landair: top of the line pay scale, new equipment, flexible home time, and excellent benefits. We are excited to introduce our Driver Training Program for new drivers seeking to gain on the road experience.
Whether it’s your first year driving or your fortieth, Landair has a career route for you! Give us your hard work and we’ll give you the best training, the best incentives, and the best pay scale.
“Landair is like my family. They know me by name. It’s great pay, great benefits, and best of all, great home time!”
– Harrison Harville, Drive Since ’05
Training Program Phases
Have your CDL, but no experience? No problem!
- Become qualified to be hired, depending on 120 hours of graduation from an accredited truck driving school.
- Train with Landair (4-6 weeks)
- Complete Testing & Evaluation
- Acquire 20K miles solo at $0.40 CPM
- Increase pay to standard entry level pay for an experience driver.
Students will be paid a flat weekly rate of $500.00.
Once a student passes the trainer evaluation, their pay will be upgraded to $0.43 CPM for 20K miles.
After 3 months as a solo driver, pay will increase to $0.47 CPM until they reach 6 months of experience.
After 6 months, pay will increase to $0.51 CPM.
Our standard benefits are anything but standard. We listened to drivers and put together a driver specific package that will support you and your family today and tomorrow.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K (50% Employer Match Up to 5%)
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance ($20,000 Free)
To qualify for tuition reimbursement, the driver associate must meet the following criteria.
- Be employed with Landair for at least 30 days.
- Be a full-time employee.
- Be in the solo phase of training.
- Be on mileage pay.
- Have a current loan that has an unpaid balance with a financial or driver training institution.
More questions? We’ve got answers!
Contact our recruiters at 1.800.788.7357 with any other questions you have about our Driver Training Program.